TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - China??? No thanks...
People Seeking Info

Subject China??? No thanks...

Posted by LitlElvis on June 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  This message has been viewed 921 times.

In Reply To yes that is their R&D lead time shipping to and from China. posted by CmyZ on June 18, 2012 at 02:35 PM

Message There's more than one way to beat AMS and their dummy companies:

One is quality - AMS doesn't understand quality, nor do they care about it.

Second is honest pricing - since my Low Profile mounts were duped, I can barely keep up with the demand for my parts and I have not changed my retail price to "compete" with the AMS junk. Pricing is AMS' only strong point (they even admit this), they can sell for cheap because garbage doesn't cost much to produce in the first place.

Third, thanks to #4 below, very few vendors want the stink of AMS copies associated with their business name. Work with these vendors to ensure they do not sell the copied parts alongside the your originals.

Fourth, Public Awareness - with all of the bad publicity that occurred over the rip-off motor mounts, in order to sell their garbage, AMS reduced their retail price by $100 from what they initially hit the market at; I take great pride in knowing that for every set they sell, they effectively lose $100 profit that they originally thought they could count on. They may still make a 500% profit margin, but at least it was reduced by $100, thanks to public awareness.

Fifth, INNOVATION - create another product that effectively takes sales away from AMS copies. I did it with my Billet Mounts; every set of Billet Mounts sold is a set of AMS copies that didn't sell.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.